- Dr. Hensworth W. C. Jonas, GCH, BA, MA, DPTh., DMin – Principal
- Mrs. Vandah Jonas, B.B.S. – Senior Vice Principal
(Office Administration & Early Childhood Education)
- Mrs. Karen Wehner, B.A. – Vice Principal (Secondary Education)
- Ms. Nadine Smith, B.Sc., M.Ed. – Vice Principal (Elementary Education)
- Mr. Ian Blair, Dip. Tech. – Administrative Assistant
(Physical Education & Property Maintenance)
- Mr. Joshua Jonas, B.A. – Administrative Assistant
(Pastoral Ministries & School Chaplaincy)
- Ms. Jenee Adams, B.Sc. – Administrative Assistant
(Music Education & Financial Affairs)
- Mrs. Annstachia Barlow - Secretary
- On November 1, 2011, Dr. H. W. C. Jonas was appointed by the office of the Governor-General of Antigua & Barbuda as a Grand Cross in the Most Precious Order of Princely Heritage (GCH) for his service in the field of education.
- Ms. Nadine Smith completed her Master of Education degree (M.Ed.—Teaching & Learning) at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. She completed her course of study with High Distinction and a GPA of 4.0.
- CXC Performance
- We had the Top CXC Student in Antigua and Barbuda in 2009. The student was Ariel Maynard who gained 10 distinctions in the following subject areas – English A & B, Mathematics, Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Social Studies, Principles of Accounts & Principles of Business.
- In the previous year, 2008, Ariadne Walker gained 10 distinctions.
- We had a 100% pass rate in the 2011 sitting of the examination.
- This past academic year was the 8th year that the Baptist Academy has entered students for the CXC/CSEC examinations.
- CXC Performance
- No one has ever failed English A or Mathematics in all eight years.
- For the past three years, all the students gained a distinction (Grade 1) in English A. In 2009, all the 11 students submitted gained distinctions in Mathematics. In 2010, all the 13 students submitted also gained distinctions in Mathematics; and in 2011 all but 2 students of our 14 submitted gained a Grade 1 in Mathematics with the two earning a Grade 2.
- All 8 students who were submitted for the 2010 CSEC Principles of Accounts Examination received a Grade 1.
- Common Entrance Examinations Performance
- Over 1,600 students wrote the Common Entrance Examinations in Antigua & Barbuda.
- The Baptist Academy submitted 25 candidates.
- Of that number, 21 were in the Top One Hundred.
- This represents the highest number of all the private and public Elementary schools on the island.
- 7 students were in the Top Ten.
- #1 – Akanii Simon, #3 – Shaunna Archibald & Nicholas Thomas, #5 – Dexter Laurence, #8 – Jenee Henry, #9 – Dejaun Harris, #10 – Galair Prevost
School Calendar Highlights
- Annual Sports Day (Secondary & Elementary Divisions)
February 10, 2012
- Semester Break (Secondary & Elementary Divisions)
February 16 – 17, 2012
- Fun Day (Pre-School Division)
February 17, 2012
- Easter Programme
- Lower Elementary & Pre-School - April 3, 2012,
Secondary & Upper Elementary – April 5, 2012
- Baptist Academy Steel Ensemble Presentation
April 9, 2012
- Easter Vacation (Secondary & Elementary Divisions)
April 10 – 13, 2012
- Secondary & Elementary Divisions reopen
April 16, 2012