- Mrs. Jean Edwards
- Mrs. Maria Hurst
- Ms. Cassilda Williams
- Mrs. Sharon Carty
Our aim is to provide excellent childcare service for younger children in a godly environment. In addition, we are happy to put parents’ fears to rest with the knowledge that their children are well taken care of in a safe and secure facility.
Our programme provides an exciting time of learning and socialization. Children between the ages of four weeks to two years are exposed to quality care with an emphasis on cleanliness and much love. Daily activities include the singing of Bible choruses and songs and the telling of stories. Time is also spent outside either giving the babies a walk or playing fun games with the toddlers. The staff is well trained in meeting the needs of each child and we are constantly reviewing and upgrading of the physical environment to provide optimal care.
Our service is unique in many areas. For example, upon notification by the parents of an upcoming doctor’s appointment, we will ensure that the child is prepared and ready before the parents’ arrival. We are also attentive to the medical needs of each child and aim to follow their parents and doctor’s instructions with discipline. We also assist in potty-training the children before they leave for the Preschool Division. Our workers develop a good working relationship with the parents and thus will render other services upon individual request.
Paying for good child cares services is costly all over. However, our rates and hours of operation are reasonable and adequate for such excellent service. We operate on two payment plans and parents choose according to their respective needs.
7:30 a.m.—12:45 p.m./$290.00 per month
7:30 a.m.—4:45 p.m./ $400.00 per month
- On November 1, 2011, Dr. H. W. C. Jonas was appointed by the office of the Governor-General of Antigua & Barbuda as a Grand Cross in the Most Precious Order of Princely Heritage (GCH) for his service in the field of education.
- Ms. Nadine Smith completed her Master of Education degree (M.Ed.—Teaching & Learning) at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. She completed her course of study with High Distinction and a GPA of 4.0.
- CXC Performance
- We had the Top CXC Student in Antigua and Barbuda in 2009. The student was Ariel Maynard who gained 10 distinctions in the following subject areas – English A & B, Mathematics, Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Social Studies, Principles of Accounts & Principles of Business.
- In the previous year, 2008, Ariadne Walker gained 10 distinctions.
- We had a 100% pass rate in the 2011 sitting of the examination.
- This past academic year was the 8th year that the Baptist Academy has entered students for the CXC/CSEC examinations.
- CXC Performance
- No one has ever failed English A or Mathematics in all eight years.
- For the past three years, all the students gained a distinction (Grade 1) in English A. In 2009, all the 11 students submitted gained distinctions in Mathematics. In 2010, all the 13 students submitted also gained distinctions in Mathematics; and in 2011 all but 2 students of our 14 submitted gained a Grade 1 in Mathematics with the two earning a Grade 2.
- All 8 students who were submitted for the 2010 CSEC Principles of Accounts Examination received a Grade 1.
- Common Entrance Examinations Performance
- Over 1,600 students wrote the Common Entrance Examinations in Antigua & Barbuda.
- The Baptist Academy submitted 25 candidates.
- Of that number, 21 were in the Top One Hundred.
- This represents the highest number of all the private and public Elementary schools on the island.
- 7 students were in the Top Ten.
- #1 – Akanii Simon, #3 – Shaunna Archibald & Nicholas Thomas, #5 – Dexter Laurence, #8 – Jenee Henry, #9 – Dejaun Harris, #10 – Galair Prevost
School Calendar Highlights
- Annual Sports Day (Secondary & Elementary Divisions) February 10, 2012
- Semester Break (Secondary & Elementary Divisions) February 16 – 17, 2012
- Fun Day (Pre-School Division) February 17, 2012
- Easter Programme
- Lower Elementary & Pre-School - April 3, 2012, Secondary & Upper Elementary – April 5, 2012
- Baptist Academy Steel Ensemble Presentation April 9, 2012
- Easter Vacation (Secondary & Elementary Divisions) April 10 – 13, 2012
- Secondary & Elementary Divisions reopen April 16, 2012